Saturday 18 September 2010

Embarking on a tour of lower England

I know very little about England. It is the country of my birth and, as a child, I was taken to 'interesting' places. Unfortunately, living abroad for so long, in my mind those places have remained the same.
I am constantly amazed when visiting new towns to see the progress - and yet, in some ways, very little has changed. I was battling my way round Bristol the other day, constantly asking for directions since mapreading requires both my specs and a magnifying glass. It struck me then that Brits are pretty much as they have always been - helpful and polite when you need directions. Except for teenagers! Sadly, they are totally lost if it involves somewhere more than a couple of streets away.

Visit my website Barbara Spencer.

Check out my facebook page Barbara Spencer on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment